[mythtv-users] Backing up mysql database.

Tom Metro tmetro+mythtv-users at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 05:04:58 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> . /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
>
> Just be very careful not to let any stray commands in your
> mysql.txt--especially if running the script as root.  :)

Good point, but I ran the script as the mythtv user, which is the same
user that owns /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt.

Marc wrote:
> Theoretically, I should never need it considering both my frontend and
> backend mirrored OS drives.

Not true. Mirroring saves you from hardware failure in one drive. It
doesn't save you from software or human error. A failed upgrade could
theoretically trash your database. Having historical archives is good
insurance against that.

  -Tom