[mythtv-users] OT: OpenMoko

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Sep 7 23:42:22 UTC 2007

On Sep 7, 2007, at 4:32 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> I gotta say--as the guy who couldn't sleep until the guy in the hotel
> room next to his stopped PTT'ing with his wife at 2:00am--that PTT
> typically ruins it (my mood) for me.  :)  (Does the beep/conversation
> volume have to be that loud?)

I know what you mean.  PTT raises the annoyance factor of having
someone on a cell phone next to you by at least a factor of 3.  And
does the audio quality from the speaker need to be so *awful*?

As someone who actually *uses* 2-way radios, I also think the delay
between pushing the button and the "chirp" would drive me up the
wall.  I'm used to waiting maybe half a second for the tone squelch
to disengage, then talking.