[mythtv-users] Myth Developers ban all use of MythTV as a PVR due to IP infringement?

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 19:07:03 UTC 2007

> BTW Brett,
> What does your wife think about your mythtv venture at this time?  have
> you been using it long, or still semi new?  If long time, how long before
> you got your wife fully onboard where she used it instead of going upstairs
> to another tv?

We've had it for nearly a year, and we're at the point where we really
couldn't live with out it, now.  Both of us have our various TV addictions,
and being able to watch them when we want is really quite nice, particularly
since our daily schedules are often interrupted by various events, errands
we need to run, etc, which make it difficult for us to be tied down to a TV
watching schedule.  Heck, right now, we probably have 20 different recording
schedules set up, many of which are shows only my wife really watches.  And
don't get me started on the beauty of commercial flagging and auto-skip...

As for my approach, we just switched cold turkey.  'course, for the first
little while, my wife insisted on watching live TV, partly because of hockey
season (yeah, my wife's an NHL fan :), but these days that's an extreme
rarity.  Other features such as having our entire music collection easily
available, have also been quite compelling, and is a feature my wife
regularly uses, particularly when she's entertaining friends, etc.

Brett.