[mythtv-users] Unknown programs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 7 18:24:56 UTC 2007

On 09/07/2007 01:10 PM, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> On 9/7/07, Nedim Cholich <mythtv at cholich.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/7/07, Peter Hartmann <ascensiontech at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Sorry if this ends up as a duplicate...I thought I was subscribed.
>>> After following instructions from archives ...still no luck.  I just
>>> switched to Schedules Direct and now channel 45 (comedy central) has
>>> unknown programs.   The advice I followed was to "delete all sources"
>>> from mythtv-setup and re-reun mythfilldatabase.  Also there are no
>>> upcoming recordings although I have say 15 programs with priorities.

This

>>> I noticed a lot of 401 unauthorized access while running
>>> mythfilldatabse although my username and password are correct.  When I
>>> put my info in mythtv-setup it correctly gets my lineup.  I'd love not
>>> to start over with my database.  help!
>> What does your channel 45 look like in mythweb? Does it have xmltvid? Is it
>> 10149?
> Yes it is.....

and this

> Also, I left out an important detail. The info is there
> in mythweb but not in the mythtv UI.

and this tend to indicate that although you have channels in your DB,
they're not properly associated with input (i.e. you need to fix your
input connections).  I'd re-do the Delete all video sources (see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ) and
then be very careful to ensure you properly connect inputs.

Oh, and the 401's for mythfilldatabase are nothing to worry about.  The
first request to the server is made and the server responds with a 401
saying that mythfilldatabase must first authenticate, so it's a normal
part of the process.

Mike