[mythtv-users] I am an idiot - deleted everything without DB backup - a question...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 7 18:19:33 UTC 2007

On 09/07/2007 08:42 AM, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Yup, I am an idiot. Rebuilding 3 Myth machines by moving hardware around
> etc, in my haste I reinstalled the based system over the top of the old
> one....*before* I backup up my database. All my recordings are fine,
> just the DB has been nuked. My question is....
> Once I have repopulated the listings lineup, is myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
> the right thing I should be using to put the recordings back into the DB?

Yes, if you feel doing so is really worthwhile.  You'll have to type in
the start time, end time, title, subtitle (episode title), description,
... for /every/ single recording.  If it were me, I'd just stick them
all into MythVideo (and perhaps remove those shows from Previously
Recorded), so that re-runs get re-recorded (at which point they could be
deleted from MythVideo).

> Just goes to show, no matter how much of a hurry you are in, always
> backup first......

Definitely.  I actually have a DB backup command in my master backend's
shutdown script.  That way, I don't forget.  :)