[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Sep 7 16:20:13 UTC 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 7:33 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Yeah, but it may not be enough to do all that *and* run the BUSQ.
> That's *really* tight for RAM for MySQL, IMHO.  I would have loved to
> know what another 256 did to the time on that query; I'll bet you were
> swapping somewhere...

I realize there are a lot of variables here, but I also have a 256
megabyte FE/BE system, and it performs just fine.  Deletes usually
only take a few seconds.  You're right that it's *very* tight on RAM,
though.  I've also got more CPU speed than the original poster -- I'm
running a 1 GHz Nehemiah CPU.

I know I should upgrade it, but SDRAM DIMMs have gotten expensive,
and besides, I'm too lazy to disassemble the whole thing to get to
the DIMM slot.  It's *very* tight inside that case. ;)