[mythtv-users] Digital channel ordering

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:36:27 UTC 2007

> Great, so I'm not crazy afterall.
>
> Do you know if the patch every made it to the trunk? I'm not too keen on
> compiling my own packages.I just got the BE rock solid again.

Again with the proper quote this time  - sorry...

 I don't believe so.  Another way around it might be to hand edit your
database.  It seems that if the channel is ATSC it orders by
atsc_major_chan/atsc_minor_chan, but if not  (and
atsc_major_chan/atsc_minor_chan= 0/0) it orders by channum.  The problem is
when your analog channel 29 (OTA) is at say cable 8.  Then I would want my
digital channel to be at 8.1 not 29.1, but Myth will put it at 29.1.  So to
fix it you would meed to "move" your analog equivalent to 29 (and move
whatever your cable company located at 29 to some other place).

BTW - if you do compile yourself - you will need to make sure that
atsc_major_chan/atsc_minor is 0/0 and that n.1 is in the chan_num column in
your database otherwise Myth will try to order by
atsc_major_chan/atsc_minor.

Here is a link to a recent discussion where some of the developers/users
addressed the issue:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-August/189882.html

Ron