[mythtv-users] Play back menus

joe.white at wachovia.com joe.white at wachovia.com
Fri Sep 7 13:33:58 UTC 2007

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote on 09/06/2007 09:37:04 PM:

> I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you get your videos to
> show up there?  I have ripped a DVD down to vob format to
> /storage/videos, and I can use "Watch Videos" to see it, but if I
> put any other videos in there (an AVI or MPG), they don't show up.
>
> How do I get them to show up so I don't have to go out to an XTerm
> window and manually run XINE to play them?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

> From: joe.white at wachovia.com
>
> I have placed videos on my myth box in various formats; avi, mp4,
> wmv, etc.  During playback from Watch Videos some formats, like
> (some) AVIs, only show basic timecode information, while other
> formats, like wmv, display the playback menu as though I were
> watching a show recorded by MythTV, itself.  Is there some place
> that speaks to which formats get which treatment and why?
>
> jw
> ----- Message from joe.white at wachovia.com on Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:03:
> 39 +0000 -----

> Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

> [mythtv-users] Play back menus

I don't do anything special.  Its been a while, but I seem to remember
that some default setting does not automatically update the video list
when new vids are added. I am not home at the moment, so I cannot check,
but I believe that under utilities/settings there is a menu item to manage
videos and in that menu page is a check box that tells Myth to
automatically update the video list.

But it has been a while, so this may be a bad memory.