[mythtv-users] Myth Developers ban all use of MythTV as a PVR due to IP infringement?

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:38:59 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, kijuhty kijuhty <kijuhty at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quote: So take it off list, just like the Torrentocracy discussions.  Ok?
>
> >> If you don't like the product, DON'T USE IT.  If you don't like following
> the rules of the list owner, GO AWAY
>
> So now you're against the whole concept of free software?  For years all of
> us have contributed patches, bug reports and fixes, donating our time for
> free, because of the promise that we could always use the software for free.
>  Now, when we try to even discuss using it for free, which was the whole
> "deal" behind all of us donating our time, you say "GO AWAY".  This is like
> Gracenote taking all the free data the community contributed to CDDB, and
> then telling them go away when they tried to use the fruits of their own
> labor.

Please read what I said one more time.  If you don't like following
the rules of the list owner, GO AWAY.  Where do I say anything about
your ability to use the program?  Since you brought it up, which
patches are yours?  And who says you can't use the program for free?
I swear - somebody serious fell off a high branch of the delusional
tree.

That's all my troll food, guys.