[mythtv-users] database/program id question

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Sep 7 02:30:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 05:37:20PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > You Rock!  No sarcasm what so ever, that attitude ROCKS.
>
> Screw you! I've seen all of your self indulgent trolling
> on this list predatorily drawing attention to yourself to
> stroke your own ego. You are a clueless, do nothing putz
> and I find the existence of people like yourself repulsive.
> You deserve all the crap you've taken and more as you brought
> it on yourself. Take a hike, you're not welcome here.

Hee.

> To everyone else, I have no empathy for anyone who wants to
> pretend that if someone doesn't use SD then they must be a
> criminal. That's total BS. However, that doesn't mean that I
> associate with scum like this loser.

You overstate the case, Bruce.  No one ever put it quite that strongly.
We merely expressed reservations as to whether investing a whole lot of
labor building things atop data that (at best) might go away and (at
worst) might also make *SD* go away was actually the best use of
anyone's time -- and whether concealing cards up ones' sleeve was the
best way of gaining accomplices in that pursuit.

Nobody called anyone a criminal... even though *far* more of copyright
law is in fact criminal these days than is really called for.

Cheers,
-- jra