[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

crs23 pvr at groundhog.pair.com
Fri Sep 7 02:10:52 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> I don't think much testing has been done on systems having identical
> recording rules.  Though it shouldn't cause issues, cleaning out the
> duplicates (triplicates?  whatever) would significantly simplify the
> query's processing, so doing so would be very much to your advantage.

Done and the improvement was substantial.  There were several multiple
entries.  One program had about a dozen duplicate entries and that just
happened to be the program with the most previously recorded episodes.  I
also changed the recordings to be on a particular channel instead of any
channel which I think helped to.

I'm now down to ~150,000 rows examined in 5.5 seconds, 696 rows returned.  5
or 6 seconds is hugely better but still a bit of an annoyance.  But I'm very
pleased with the results so far and the incredible support I've received on
this forum.  Thank you to everyone!

Sent from the mythtv-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.