[mythtv-users] very happy with 0.20.2 upgrade!

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Sep 7 01:06:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:00:04PM -1000, Nick Gray alleged:
> Garrick, which capture/video card are you using ?

PVR350 and PVR150.

On FC4, I used the PVR350's tvout with the mpeg decoder (the little box to use
the PVR350 was checked).

On F7, as we all know, the mpeg decoder doesn't work any more on 2.6.22 since
ivtv was merged.  But I actually don't miss it.  Just using the ivtv xdriver
with ivtv-fb is working fine.  I set it up with the current 2.6.22.4-65.fc7
that comes with ivtv.ko, atrpms' ivtv-kmdl that gives you ivtv-fb.ko, and I
compiled the ivtv xdriver myself since atrpms didn't have it.

I don't know why, but I assume the Xv support in ivtv-db and/or xdriver is
better now than back in the FC4 timeframe.