[mythtv-users] Desktop Logout when exiting MythFrontend

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Sep 7 00:05:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 06:04:48PM -0600, Calvin Dodge alleged:
> On 9/6/07, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> > Sorry I'm not actually replying to the original email.  I've just subscribed to
> > send this.
> >
> > I'm seeing the same thing David Vazquez is reporting, that exiting mythfrontend
> > brings you back kdm (gdm in my case) login.
> >
> > What's actually happening is that X is crashing.  I don't know why, but when
> > mythfrontend exits normally (no segfault as others suggested), X often crashes.
>
> For me, the differentiating factor is "running mythfrontend in a
> window". If it's run in a window, X crashes immediately after exiting
> the front end program. If it's NOT run in a window (it still can be
> smaller than full screen), then it doesn't crash X.
>
> So try not running it in a window.

I'm not running it in a window.  My setup is a dedicated backend/frontend
booting to runlevel 5->gdm->autologin->fluxbox->mythfrontend.

I'm also not asking the list about this, I was just hoping to add that bit of
info to the case.  IMHO, this is specific to F7 and needs to be filed in
fedora's bugzilla.