[mythtv-users] Import and Export of Program Listing Data

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 23:30:49 UTC 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> It does, however, make it complex.  You're proposing developing or
> asking for developers to assist in a project to coordinate all
> these micro-schedules across peers rather than saying "Download
> XMLTV grabber XYZ and run it to import data".

I apologize for my earlier harsh reaction to this, I wasn't upset, but
it did come across that way.  I'm going to try to address this again
more clearly.

Just to make this clear…  If I said something like that in the past, I
would no longer suggest it.  And at the moment, I'm in no way
proposing that anyone do any such thing.  I would suggest anyone
interested in "a project to coordinate all these micro-schedules
across peers" take that conversation elsewhere.

Anyone interested, I think it might be possible.  And it looks like Shepard (
http://svn.whuffy.com/index.fcgi/wiki ) is the project to start
working with, but that's not really fully the part I'm talking about.

The subject line of this thread clearly says data Import Export, not
data collection.

I'm suggesting that within MythTV, the import and export of ANY xmltv
data to/from the MySQL database mythconverg could be made smoother.

Import filters for xmltvid, export scripts to fully formatted xmltv
data with quality xmltvid information was the big focus of my ideas.

The smaller stuff was, A) MySQL GUI data editing templates for
mythconverg to help MythTV users inhance existing data in their
database, and B) File distribution interfaces.

But I'd like to see more focus on the main import/export before the
smaller stuff.

And I did say clearly a few times before, but I'll try to make it
clear this time.  Any actual data collection, editing, and
organization that happens outside of the MythTV program itself
probably should be discussed somewhere else, like the XMLTV list or
with one of the many scraper projects or the Sheppard project.