[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 21:55:58 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, Robert Current <robert.current at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to go on record as saying, I'm not the one suggesting
> censorship, but if it happens I hope what is censored is clearly
> defined somehow.  I don't think anyone who asked "can't free listing
> data be found" really had the intent of causing this to become a legal
> and censorship debate, that's where your taking it, not me.

But you're the one who originally raised the accusation, and you're
the one who keeps bringing it up.

And you're not being censored. Your posts are still coming through,
and all your previous posts are still here.

Together they provide a pretty damn good case study on how not to
behave on a mailing list.

The point that Mike et al were making is that we as a community do not
condone or promote any activities which could harm the project as a
whole. Illegal activities can harm the project. Discussions on the
ways and means of engaging in illegal activities can harm the project.

Positive contributions are always welcome, but discussion of
activities that could put MythTV in jeopardy have no place here.

And the more you whine about it, the less anyone here is going to care
what you say.

Give it a rest already.