[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 21:41:35 UTC 2007

> Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com Writes
>
> Well, according to dictionary.com, "censor" is described this way:
>
> 	http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/censor

Read it, are you admitting your doing it?

2.any person who supervises the manners or morality of others.

Isn't that exactly what people including yourself are trying to do
here by increasing the noise level of the discussions, attacking them,
etc?

> Isaac: would you prefer that people not discuss on-list topics
> concerning the acquisition of program listings data from sources whose
> assent to that acquisition is questionable?

Are you talking about scrapers?

Uhm, I've been the one saying those are outside the scope of anything
that should be discussed here for quite a while now.

Are you saying Import/Export of data from mythconverg is also a topic
you'd like to censor?

Can you even list the topics you don't want discussed?  I'm guessing
SASC, scrapers, and torrents are all on the list.  Where you going to
draw the line?  Can people say EIT provides all the data needed for
MythTV, or is that opening the door to a taboo subject also?

Will you draw the line at anything that has the potential to be
abused?  What about the act of recording a broadcast itself?  How
about the use of the commercial delete and file rename scripts in
contrib that are obvious tools that could be used for redistribution
of data (recordings)?

I'd like to go on record as saying, I'm not the one suggesting
censorship, but if it happens I hope what is censored is clearly
defined somehow.  I don't think anyone who asked "can't free listing
data be found" really had the intent of causing this to become a legal
and censorship debate, that's where your taking it, not me.