[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:11:26 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, David Rees <drees76 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given the limited memory you have to work with, I would try disabling
> the query cache and using all that memory in the key buffer.
>
> Try:
> key_buffer = 32M
> query_cache_size = 0

Couple more data points to check. Grab the output of this query before
and after the big query with each config setting you try: (existing
and new with query cache disabled and key buffer increased to 32 and
64 M)

show global status where variable_name like 'select%' or variable_name
like 'key%' or variable_name like 'qcache%';

That will help us determine if the key buffer size is appropriate and
whether the settings are too large, too small and helping or hurting.

-Dave