[mythtv-users] database/program id question

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 6 19:52:04 UTC 2007

Le Donnerstag, 6. September 2007, Michael T. Dean a écrit :
> On 09/06/2007 01:11 PM, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> > I have an unnamed data source which gives a program id which looks like
> > this: EP00361880.0034
> >
> > According to my 0.20 mythtv installation which last fetched data from
> > the defunct labs.zap2it.com, the episode number for this show is
> > slightly different: EP3618800034
> >
> > Note the leading "00" and the . 5 characters from the end in
> > the new program id.
> >
> > My question: Do I need to filter the id make the new one look like the
> > old one..?  Or is this something that mythfilldatabase can take care
> > of?
>
> A new post without an explicit mention of your use of a grabber scraping
> a site whose TOS explicitly forbids scraping is not exactly what I meant
> when I asked for discussion of explicitly forbidden activities to be
> removed from the list.
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/287909#287909
>
> After all, this list is just as easy to trace for a lawyer as it is for
> me.  (Same question from same OP just a couple of hours apart with
> slightly different wording...  Even checking to see the format of
> programid's in the various grabbers would tell the whole story.)

You know, Mike, I appreciate *a lot* all the help you offer here on the
mailing list, and of course you are entitled to your own opinion about tv
listings, screen scraping, illegal activities and what not, but can't you -
just once - simply shut up if you can't or won't give a straight answer to
the original poster's straight question?

--
Gruß
Andreas