[mythtv-users] Stuck in Create DVD Log Viewer

norman norman at littletank.org
Thu Sep 6 16:15:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 01:19 +1000, David Segall wrote:
> I have somehow exited a job so that when I now go to
> CD/DVD->Archive Files->Export Video Files->Create DVD
> I get straight to the Log Viewer.  It tells me that I am running
> mythtranscode although nothing seems to be running. This persists after
> a Cancel and even a complete shutdown. How do I persuade MythTV to let
> me start again? I am running MythDora 3.2. (MythTV-0.20-148).

I had a similar problem and below is the help I received. I modified it
to suit my set up and worked for me.

"I assume you are running mytharchive. If it gets stuck there is a lck
file that needs to be deleted otherwise mytharchive thinks it is
running. On my system this is /tmp/logs/mythburn.lck but this could be
very different on yours. My mytharchive work, logs and config folder are
all in /tmp so I assume if you spot one of these you will find the
rest."

Best of lick

Norman