[mythtv-users] Play back menus

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:16:35 UTC 2007

On 06/09/07, joe.white at wachovia.com <joe.white at wachovia.com> wrote:

> I have placed videos on my myth box in various formats; avi, mp4, wmv, etc.
> During playback from Watch Videos some formats, like (some) AVIs, only show
> basic timecode information, while other formats, like wmv, display the
> playback menu as though I were watching a show recorded by MythTV, itself.
> Is there some place that speaks to which formats get which treatment and
> why?

Probably depends on whether you're using the Internal player, or an
external one (mplayer, xine etc) to play the file.

This is configured according to file extension.  Look under the
'Player' settings for mythvideo.  Settings/Media Settings/Video
Settings/Player (I think).

You can change the choice of player for each file type, I'm not sure
what formats the Internal player supports though.