[mythtv-users] MySql optimization ...

Irumbo Mateene imateene at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:07:47 UTC 2007

what are the recommended settings for tuning MySql ?   my Myth system used to take several seconds just to show my recorded programs ( on frontend) .. I decided to tweak my mysql.cnf file and now the performance is very fast, data is displayed almost instantaneously in most cases ..  I have an AMD 4200 system ..

recently I experienced some corruption with my mysql db tables and had to repair it.   Is there a possibility that tweaking mysql.cnf file could cause these kind of issues .. such as caching queries etc ...

Explore the seven wonders of the world