[mythtv-users] Fonts cut off in Program Guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 04:12:22 UTC 2007

On 09/05/2007 11:42 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> Is there a way to have the fonts in the program guide word wrap?

I'm pretty sure the answer is, "No."  (Though I'll admit I didn't check
the code before saying so, but I definitely don't remember a setting for
this, so I'd assume it would if it did.)

>   The
> channel names are too long and you can only see the middle portion.
>
> For example:
> Animal Planet
>
> will show up as:
> imal Plane

Assuming you've properly configured your X (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#All_my_fonts_look_like_they_are_the_wrong_sizes.2C_how_can_I_correct_this.3F
)--and you probably have as that channel name is a bit long for the
EPG's channel area--current options (other than a patch) include:

a) changing the font size (<size>, <size:small>, and <size:big> for good
measure) for the appropriate font (i.e. like, the chaninfo font) as
defined in the "chanbar" container in
/usr/{,local/}share/mythtv/themes/<theme-name>/ui.xml

b) changing the "Channel format" setting to "number" or "callsign" or
something shorter than name

c) changing the channel name (using mythtv-setup or MythWeb's channel
editor) to something shorter

or

d) enjoying the shows about foreign aircraft ;)

Mike