[mythtv-users] Fonts cut off in Program Guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 04:12:22 UTC 2007

On 09/05/2007 11:42 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> Is there a way to have the fonts in the program guide word wrap?

I'm pretty sure the answer is, "No."  (Though I'll admit I didn't check
the code before saying so, but I definitely don't remember a setting for
this, so I'd assume it would if it did.)

>   The
> channel names are too long and you can only see the middle portion.
> For example:
> Animal Planet
> will show up as:
> imal Plane

Assuming you've properly configured your X (
)--and you probably have as that channel name is a bit long for the
EPG's channel area--current options (other than a patch) include:

a) changing the font size (<size>, <size:small>, and <size:big> for good
measure) for the appropriate font (i.e. like, the chaninfo font) as
defined in the "chanbar" container in

b) changing the "Channel format" setting to "number" or "callsign" or
something shorter than name

c) changing the channel name (using mythtv-setup or MythWeb's channel
editor) to something shorter

d) enjoying the shows about foreign aircraft ;)