[mythtv-users] Import and Export of Program Listing Data

David Shay david at shay.net
Thu Sep 6 03:35:42 UTC 2007

On 9/5/07, Robert Current <robert.current at gmail.com> wrote:

> > mysqldump -umythtv -pmythtv -h192.168.0.2 --extended-insert
> > mythconverg program > program.sql
> >

> Heh, that's one way!  Lot's of data to parse…
>
> I was poking around with simple "select * from program" statements to
> see what could be formatted into which specific XMLTV fields.  Then
> got sidetracked tying thinking I need to look at the mythfilldatabase
> code where this is probably already mapped  out.

If you are running mysql 5.x, you can actually do this:

mysqldump -umythtv -pmythtv --xml mythconverg program >program.xml

Throw in an XSLT transform or two, and you could do the whole thing
externally fairly simply.

Not that I understand the value of an extract, still, particularly if the
intent would be to then share via torrent/usenet/whatever, since why not
just grab directly the same way the original person got it into the myth
database.  I'll buy the local LAN argument, but then you might as well just
ship the XML file that you used to load the one myth box to the other myth
box and load them both from the same source.  Not an offense, I just don't
get it.