[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 6 01:15:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 03:57:33PM -0700, Robert Current wrote:
> Then (here comes the flame-bait), that file could very easily and
> quickly be distributed as a torrent, hopefully with some logical name.
>  For example:
> 2007-7-14-to-2007-7-21-Yahoo-Local-Boston-Cable-4myth.torrent
> I'd guess that torrent would be 7 days of mythconverg listing data
> that came from Yahoo listing data for local cable in Boston, wouldn't
> you?

See?  You didn't pay any attention to the detailed, technical
discussions we had on this last month.

BT isn't suitable for lots of small files; it's intended for lesser
numbers of big ones.  The closest we could come for a widely available
protocol was NNTP.

Check the archives (hey; that sounds familiar :-) for a thread with
"Mooting" in the title.

You find me the data (in a legal fashion) I *will* hand you an
architecture to ship it around in.

Cheers,
-- jra