[mythtv-users] Directv with usb 2 serial adapters

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Sep 6 00:16:48 UTC 2007

On 07/24/2007 01:54 PM, Rich West wrote:
>> I installed the driver in windows it doesn't say anything about pl2303
>> instead is says USB SERIAL CH340.
>>
>> I can't find anything on google with linux and the togather so I am
>> guessing that I have incompatible cables.
> Ugh.. that would be it.  Linux doesn't look to have support for that
> chipset. :(

Sorry to dig up an old thread.  Anyone who may be stuck with some of
those CH340/CH341 cables may be in luck at least if your vendor:product
id is 4348:5523.  Someone has written a Linux driver for kernel 2.6.22.
Hopefully it will make it into 2.6.24.  I haven't tried it myself, but
here is a link for the adventurous:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.devel/57633

BTW, this is only for using the cable on the Linux side (if you don't
have any available rs-232 ports).  You still need to use a pl2303 or GWC
UC320 cable (possibly others) on the Directv receiver side.
--
David