[mythtv-users] toggle_bit_mask

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 5 22:12:03 UTC 2007

On 09/05/2007 05:51 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> What do I need to do to figure out the toggle_bit_mask for my remote
> if I've created my own lircd.conf with irrecord?   irrecord isn't
> detecting it correctly... any ideas?

Can you find other lirc configs for the same model remote (even if you
use your own, you can just bring over the toggle_bit_mask).  After that,
there's trial and error.  Or as a final hack, just recording both
signals (the initial and toggled signal) so you have two definitions for
the button (a la
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/181566#181566 ).
Though, really, if you can get both codes for one button, calculating
the toggle_bit_mask is a rather simple mathematical exercise.

Mike