[mythtv-users] Wrong Aspect Ratio

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Sep 5 19:19:54 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 11:03 -0700, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Any idea that, even using the hack, and a 5xxx series card, I am
> getting greyscale?
Sure, if you enable the X11 Composite extension with something
like this in your xorg.conf
Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "true"
EndSection

Or, enable XvMC textures using this in your xorg.conf
    Option "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"

This will implicitly disable XVideo overlay and along with
a few other features like XVideo picture attributes.

Some Xorg packagers enable the Composite extension by default
in which case you would need to add this to you xorg.conf
Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "false"
EndSection

>   And will the XvMC-OpenGL work with 5xxx cards?
No, you need a more powerful card to use this feature.

-- Daniel