[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Sep 5 17:13:17 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> So that my point (from another part of the thread) is clear:
>
> I can live with them not ever making it possibel to run atop PgSQL.

In fact, localising the database access into one component should make it easier
to run atop whatever database you wish, since you should be able to just replace
the MySQL component with something else. Assuming the devs put enough thought
into arranging the interface API between the db component and everything else so
that it's reasonably db-neutral, of course.

Since the database would be hidden by the component, it wouldn't make any
difference (to the application) if the db was embedded, separate, MySQL, or
anything else.

(Just needs someone to code it, of course ;)

Mike Perkins