[mythtv-users] Unusual problem

Steve Meyers steve-lists-mythtv at spamwiz.com
Wed Sep 5 13:13:56 UTC 2007

Martin Turner wrote:
> This isn't strictly a Myth question, but only my master Myth backend is
> doing this so I thought I'd ask here. The box its self has been running
> more or less fine for about 2 years now except that recently (the last 2
> weeks) it has developed a stutter.. Now I say stutter because it
> sounds/looks like it gets stuck in a second loop for about 4-6 seconds
> then continues on fine like nothing ever happened. I don't have anything
> in the logs (myth or syslog) to indicate what is going on and im
> basically stuck.. As you can imagining its extremely annoying having it
> do this at random..

I'm getting the same problem with 0.20.2.  I have a separate frontend
and backend, though, so it's definitely not capture card related.  I can
watch a show for 45 minutes sometimes, and then it will all of a sudden
start stuttering.  I initially only saw it happen with HD shows, and my
processor is only a 2.8GHz P4, so I thought 0.20.2 must just be slowing
things down a little tiny bit.  But then it happened with a non-HD show
as well last night.

Restarting mythfrontend did NOT help with the stuttering, but letting it
sit for a couple minutes did.  I do not have ntpd running on my frontend
- I have it run ntpdate during bootup, but that's it.