[mythtv-users] Installing Mythtv 0.20.2 and Fedora 7 2.6.22 kernel

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:01:12 UTC 2007

On 8/27/07, David Dotson <sneaky at sneakydave.com> wrote:
> OK, I used to have Mythtv 0.20 running great on FC6, and a hard drive
> failure forced me to upgrade to Fedora 7 and Mythtv 0.20.
>
> Here are my questions, and from searching it looks like there is a lot
> of conflicting information which I've been struggling with.
>
> I have a PVR-350, but because I can't get the TV-OUT working like I did
> in the past on Fedora 7, so I'm going to use my nvidia geforce 6200 card
> for TV-OUT through its S-VIDEO.

I was able to get tvout working on the pvr-350 after upgrading to f7.
However, what i didn't get to work, was the playback using the pvr-350
encoder.  There seems to be a known issue with this and 2.6.22, search
for 2.6.22 on the ivtv mailing list.

> I've read that ivtv is included in the 2.6.22 kernel, does that mean
> there are no packages to install for the PVR-350 (unless I want to use
> TV-OUT, which I don't). Do I just need to install the firmware, nothing,
> anything?

I still installed the ivtv stuff from atrpms, modified the xorg.conf
according to jerod's guide, restarted X and bam it worked!