[mythtv-users] How can I drop all EPG data from mythconverg? (SOLVED)

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 06:14:33 UTC 2007

--- Calin Brabandt <cbrabandt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I used the sdxmltvsetup.sh script to update my
> Mythdora 4 backend to Schedules Direct.  After
> running
> mythfilldb.sh, I discovered that all my show
> listings
> for the entire two weeks are clones of the first
> instance of the show. (Same program description for
> same show on all days; Leno, Letterman, Conan have
> the
> same guests on their shows night after night, ;)
> etc.)
>
> Could someone please advise me how I might scrub or
> drop all the EPG data from mythconverg so I may
> attempt to run mythfilldb.sh on an empty database?
> Simply re-running mythfilldb.sh repeatedly doesn't
> help.  I'd prefer not to delete and add new
> sources/lineups in mythtvsetup because it's a big
> task
> to remap the digital cable channels to QAM.
>
> Any other ideas would also be much appreciated!
>
> -Cal

Update:

mysql mythconverg -u mythtv -p
truncate table program;
quit;

I then deleted all the myth files in /tmp and ran
/usr/bin/mythfilldb.sh again.  No luck--same problem.

I re-ran the sdxmltvsetup.sh script again.  Same
problem and I'm into this SD conversion hell for at
least two hours of debug and web searching! :(

Finally i truncated table program again, deleted files
in /tmp AND re-ran sdxmltvsetup.sh again on an empty
program table.  Finally--I think the database in my
EPG is correct. Arghhh!