[mythtv-users] Firewire input editor always says, "Please add channels to source"

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 03:32:10 UTC 2007

I am using this guide
but I have Feisty Fawn with 20.02 Mythtv from the Proposed repo that
SuperM1 did (Mario, developer of mythbuntu). Does this matter that the
guide is for zap2it and for Edgy.

I have tested my firewire connection with firewire_tester. It works very
reliable using port 0, node 0, in P2P. I get 40 packets min and 120 max
when tested over 20 times. I tried following these instructions
for doing one lineup for 2 input's. When I counldn't get the listing to
populate for the firewire input, I figured, hey, I'll just create
another source since a neighboring zip code is the same. So I have a
analog source for my pvr-350 and a digital lineup for firewire but still
to no avail. What do I need to do to get firewire channel listings to be

Now my firwire connection doesn't work with firewire_tester anymore. I
am guessing I need to run that primer thingy? Before I do all that stuff
on the above link for firewire recording, I wanted to make sure I was
going down the correct path.