[mythtv-users] Looking for new DVB-S+CAM based backend hardware recommendations

Paul King mythtv at lowcostpchelp.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 00:04:09 UTC 2007

Nick F wrote:
> On 8/26/07, *Phil Jordan* <lists at philjordan.eu
> <mailto:lists at philjordan.eu>> wrote:
>
>     With that out of the way, the available DVB-S tuners with CI slots or
>     adapters I could find are:
>
>     [1] "DigitalRise DVB-S PCI Sat CI (1034)" (seems to be a rebranded
>     Twinhan "1034")
>     [2] "Twinhan VisionDTV DVB-S PCI Sat CI (1030A/1032A)"
>     [3] "DigitalRise DVB-S2 PCI Sat CI (1041)" (seems to be a rebranded
>     Twinhan "1041")
>     [4] "TechnoTrend Budget S-1500, PCI" combined with "TechnoTrend TT
>     Budget CI extension"
>

> I use your option [4] which works well with Myth in the UK.  Support
> is built in to most recent kernels and is an 'out the box' solution.
> I've not tried one, but was advised to avoid S2 cards for now since
> Linux support isn't mature.  BBC HD doesn't currently need S2 support.

Hi Guys

Just a quick question following on from phils posts. I have also been
looking into this to recieve UK Satellite directly over the air into my
myth setup without iusing an external set top box. I have also come
across mention of the possibility of using a DVB-S card with cislot and
a Dragon Cam which I believe will allow me to use a Legal subscriber
smartcard to decrypt the channels.

Can someone confrim that this is the correct way to do this and if
anyone has actually got it working in practice.

Regards