[mythtv-users] Proper Recording Archive Procedure?

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Tue Sep 4 22:04:53 UTC 2007

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> 1. Use NUVEXPORT for your archiving to save space. I use it with the

Sorry if this is a thread-jack. But something that I've been meaning to
ask. Why are all my recordings .mpg? I was reading some other threads
about exporting and everyone likes nuvexport, so I got it all installed
then noticed all my recordings are already mpg. I don't have any
automatic transcoding setup, only commercial flagging. I am, however,
running SVN trunk. Has the NUV format been dropped in 0.21? I didn't see
any thing about that in the release notes?

Again, sorry if this is considered stealing the thread, I noticed this a
few months ago and spent a few minutes searching google, but found
nothing. Wasn't too concerned since everything is more or less working.

Cheers
Mike