[mythtv-users] Hooking Up an Old Hauppauge PVR250 to scientific atlanta 3250 digital cable box

jnhannah at cox.net jnhannah at cox.net
Tue Sep 4 20:23:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my Linux Distro to Ubuntu 7.04, and have picked up the latest drop of MythTV 0.20.x

My TV card is an older Hauppauge PVr250 card, which has an IR port on the back, although I suspect that this is just for receiving. the card comes with the old black remote and the IR cable.

I recently bought the USB-UIRT IR blaster from http://www.snapstream.com

I am using a Cox Digital Cable box (Scientific Atlanta 3250) and have hooked up the cable box to the PVR250 card by way of the coax out from the digital box to the coax in on the card.

I have run into a brick wall on how to get my MythTV box to change the channels on the cable box. This is the last piece of my setup, but I need help.

I do have LIRC installed, although not completely configured - this is work in progress.

I would value any input or help from other MythTV users who have managed to complete the hookup of the older PVR250 card to digital boxes. In particular I would very much appreciated a guide as to how the IR blaster needs to be set up - in terms of where the cables should be connected.

And finally, I would like to thank the MythTV developers and individual contributors for working out a deal with SchedulesDirect. I was greatly concerned that MythTV might disappear with the loss of the Zap2It listings. Thank you everyone! Nice work!

Many thanks

Jeremy Hannah