[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 4 16:01:06 UTC 2007

On 09/04/2007 11:31 AM, Victor Perez wrote:
> <rant>
> I've been waiting for somebody to fix these issues for a while. My
> remote frontend hangs and I have to kill it every time I delete
> something. Now that I compiled from the sources to get the SD patches
> I think I finally gonna get my hands dirty and fix with this whole
> database mess the developers got into.
> </rant>

Unless you're planning on forking Myth, you should probably discuss your
ideas for fixing "this whole database mess".  There are some solid ideas
on where we're going with MythTV and databases.

The high-level overview is that we're going to move to an embedded MySQL
(if the users don't see a DB, they can't complain about it) that can be
configured and optimized automatically and have a "mythdata" server-type
program that provides all access to the data so clients do not need to
use SQL.

Mike