[mythtv-users] Script to use Schedules Direct with legacy MythTV installations

Brian Harnish bharnish1004 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:05:27 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:20:35 -0400
> From: "Brian Harnish" <bharnish1004 at gmail.com>
> > Also, I noticed that it needs another fix up on the crew members:
> > s/(\<crew program=\'..)00/$1/;
>
> How did you catch this, and what are the ramifications of not doing
> this?  E.g., I'm trying to figure out whether I've (now) got bad
> table entries, but I'm not even sure what table this winds up in;
> I've poked through the schema and can't really find anything that
> looks like crew information w/digits (but have not yet perused the
> source).

I don't know if it is in newer versions of MythTV, but 0.18.1 has
a "people search" feature where I scan the listings for actors/crew
members I like.  I think it is under Manage Recordings/Schedule
Recordings/Search Lists/People Search.  I noticed that this stopped
working when I switched to SD, and after some research I discovered
that the data was coming from SD (it was in the sdlist.xml from the
script).  I have changed my copy of the script and noticed that the
sdlist_fixed.xml was correct, but haven't re-run mfdb to test it yet.

> Do you know what table(s) this winds up in so I can check my current
> DB from before making this change?

I think it gets placed into People, Credits, and references Program.
I don't have access to my box right now to verify this, but based on
the Schema from the MythTV wiki those are the most likely places.

I think the people search ends up doing something like:
SELECT p.* FROM [program] p, [people] ppl, [credits] c
WHERE ppl.name      = 'Bruce Campbell'
  AND ppl.person    = c.persion
  AND   c.chanid    = p.chanid
  AND   c.starttime = p.starttime;

> (I'm assuming you intend this line to be inserted somewhere around
> lines 130-133 in the original script.)

Yes, that is the correct placement.

[...]

> > I saw mention of some new/repeat flag changes, but I thought that
> > was taken care of on the client side by mfdb instead of coming
> > from dd/sd.  Does anyone have more information on this?
>
> I'm still looking for more info on this myself.
>
> (I note recent mail commenting that it might only have been for
> episodes of series and that Myth had earlier been modified to think
> it was for everything, but I'm not sure if that's the same issue.)

I looked at both the SD and DD schemas, and they both contain both
repeat and new attributes.  I am going to do some more research, but
we might be able to get away with s/repeat='false'/new='true'/ and
vice-versa.  It might help if I can get myself a copy of the mfdb
source from 0.18.1.

 - Brian