[mythtv-users] Radio Times missing all stations (as far as I can tell)

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 12:14:08 UTC 2007

On 04/09/07, Robin Neatherway <robthebob at gmail.com> wrote:
> > eeek! -
> >
> > I have had a look and the channels.dat is empty......
>
> Just to confirm - same here... ouch

I'm not sure it this is relevant, but as a heads up - there is (or
was) a bug in tv_grab_uk_rt which meant that when it is run *not*
inside a terminal window (eg run from cron (or possibly mythtv) then
tv_grab_uk_rt doesn't append the <\tv> to the end of its output, and
mythfilldatabase chokes on the xmltv data, producing the "no programs
found in data" error message.

Maybe this bug has just appeared in the packaged version of xmltv?

http://www.nabble.com/--xmltv-Bugs-1767747---uk_rt-fails-when-not-in-a-terminal-t4218340.html

Apologies in advance if this is a red-herring.