[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase with EIT based scheduling infomation

charles+mythtv at technomancer.co.uk charles+mythtv at technomancer.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 06:11:01 UTC 2007

Hi (wave) I'm new to this list so if this has been discussed a million times
don't flame me, flame google for not giving me the answer :-p

AFAIK mythfilldatabase does two tasks, grabbing scheduling data and database
maintenance.

The first I don't use or need as the EIT data for the channels I watch is
pretty good (apart from Dr Who being categorised as Show/GameShow). I
currently have this disabled by using an empty write protected Foo.xmltv.

I'm pretty sure the maintenance needs to happen, as without it I thing the
program table (amongst others) continues to grow.

Now whilst things appear to *work* mythfilldatabase reports failure and this
shows up in the logs and in System Status. This irritates the hell out of me.
Any suggestions?

TIA

Charles