[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

crs23 pvr at groundhog.pair.com
Tue Sep 4 05:51:36 UTC 2007

jack snodgrass-2 wrote:

> I cut / pasted the SELECT statement you sent... it did not have an
> 'explain' in there
> so it ran the standard select and returned 68 records.
>
> Have you run the optimize_mythdb.pl to see if that speeds anything up?
>
> Can you just run that long-ass select query using mysql or phpMyAdmin and
> see if it ALWAYS takes a long time or if it's usually quick and slow every
> once in a while. If it's always slow... that's one thing... if it's
> randomly slow... that's something else.

When I run that SELECT in mysql it consistently returns 3694 rows in around
31 seconds.  I had run optimize_mythdb.pl.  Running it again had no effect.

I another reply I requested someone run the SELECT prefixed with 'EXPLAIN'
and post the results.  I'd be interested in seeing the results from your box
too.

Cheers,
-chris