[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

crs23 pvr at groundhog.pair.com
Tue Sep 4 05:48:27 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Right.  The fragmentation stuff was meant for Gareth since he had
> mentioned it.  The mythfilldatabase suggestion (for users that don't
> normally run it) from Gareth was meant for you.
>
> Since it sounds like you had been running mfdb (meaning that DB clutter
> wasn't the problem), you should probably next run optimize_mythdb.pl
> from the contrib directory.

Sorry, I should've mentioned that I had already done that and it had no
effect.  I copied some of the more heavily fragmented files to defragment
them.  They're not perfect but they're not bad now.  In any case, that
didn't do anything either.  Just for good measure I re-ran
optimize_mythdb.pl again and, again, it had no effect.  The latest results
are consistent.  The query takes about 31 seconds and returns 3694 rows.