[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

crs23 pvr at groundhog.pair.com
Mon Sep 3 23:18:43 UTC 2007

jack snodgrass-2 wrote:

> On 9/2/07, crs23 <pvr at groundhog.pair.com> wrote:
>>

> .. I'm not sure I see the issues your having... you say that the query
> takes 35 - 40 seconds, but the one you show says:
>
> "10 rows in set (0.02 sec)"
>
> I can past in that long-ass query you posted and it takes 68 rows in set
> (0.02 sec) for me too.....
>
> where / when / how exactly are you seeing thins query take 30+ seconds?

The query I gave was an 'EXPLAIN SELECT' not the actual 'SELECT', which is
why it was so fast -- it wasn't actually doing the select, just showing how
it would.  The actual SELECT occurs shortly after deleting a program or two.
I turned on logging of slow queries in mysql and pulled the query from
there.  I don't know where or why the backend performs the query though it
shouldn't be hard to find.

So your query took 0.02 seconds and it was the actual query, not the
'EXPLAIN' query?