[mythtv-users] how do I use perl MythTV module

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:42:28 UTC 2007

On 9/3/07, Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
> the latest 20.2 has the new perl module for MythTV can someone point to some examples of
> how to use this?
> eg I would like to output a "Latest Recordings" RSS or Upcoming recordings.
> or is this better done using php and Mythweb?

I used the status XML that you get when you go to
http://localhost:6544/xml on your backend when I was messing around.

On my 0.20.1 backend I wrote a google gadget that did just that, but
when it was hit continually for extended periods of time the backend
would crash, even though I would only ever query once every 30
seconds.

YMMV.

Cheers,
Whytey