[mythtv-users] XBMC port to Linux and Mythtv

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 07:10:49 UTC 2007

On 8/27/07, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> I mentioned, but it's not a great dedicated front end. From what I've heard,
> and you probably know this better than myself, running Myth on Xebian on the
> machine is slow as heck.

I'm just curious to know how people define slow for MythTV on the
XBox.  I just did a clean install of Xebian 1.1.4 and MythTV-0.20.2
today and I got times like this:

A. From power off to MythTV main menu: 1m56s
B. From main menu to TV menu: 2s
C. From TV menu to show recordings menu: 4s
D. From show recordings to playing a show: 20s.

While A and D are a little on the lengthy side, it's hardly unusable.
When I usually do is boot up the XBox and then start getting snacks
ready or whatever.  As for D, 20s is quite a while to wait; but
usually one already knows what they're going to watch, so it's not a
like we'll be doing a lot of channel flipping.

As for during watching the program itself, there are virtually no
delays when skipping ahead, skipping back or using any of the time
stretch features.  Is there somewhere else where there are huge delays
that I'm not seeing?