[mythtv-users] RESOLVED Yum upgrade to SD missing dependencies

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Mon Sep 3 00:03:22 UTC 2007

On Sun, September 2, 2007 1:48 pm, Remco Treffkorn wrote:
> On Sunday 02 September 2007, Lan Barnes wrote:
>> I had to repair yum (yum clean all) and fix a table in mythconverg
>> before
>> my backup would work, but I was feeling pretty cocky when I finally ran:
>>
>>   yum update \*myth\*
>>
>> Lots of activity w/o error, but it finally failed to find all the
>> dependencies. Here are yum's complaints:
>>
>> Error: Missing Dependency: mythtv-frontend-api = package is needed by
>> package mythstream
>> Error: Missing Dependency: installed. is needed by package mythstream
>> Error: Missing Dependency: is is needed by package mythstream
>> Error: Missing Dependency: not is needed by package mythstream
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmythavformat-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by
>> package libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmythavutil-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by
>> package
>> libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmythupnp-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by package
>> libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmythavcodec-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by
>> package
>> libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmythtv-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by package
>> libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmyth-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by package
>> libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmythfreemheg-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by
>> package libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmyth = 0.20.1 is needed by package
>> libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmythlivemedia-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by
>> package libmyth-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libmythui-0.20.1.so.0 is needed by package
>> libmyth-devel
>>
>> I suspect I need to add another .repo file to /etc/yum.repos.d/. Here is
>> what I presently have:
>>
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo:enabled=1
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core.repo:enabled=1
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras.repo:enabled=1
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo:enabled=1
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/mythdora.repo:enabled=1
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/mythdora.repo:enabled=1
>>
>> Only the stable in atrpms is enabled.
>>
>> If my guess is right, can anyone point me to a yum repo with the missing
>> dependencies? If it's soething else, can I know what, please?
>
> Try removing mythstream and libmyth-devel.
>
>   rpm -e mythstream  libmyth-devel
>
> I found it a good idea to make the update set smaller by deleting stuff.
> You
> can always re-install it later.
>
> Cheers,
> Remco

This was the right prilciple, but it was mythstream I had to remove. Vague
memories it doesn't really work anyway.

Thanks to all. I'm upgraded, but now have a missing table. I'll make a new
thread to ask for help in that.

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer