[mythtv-users] MythUbuntu

Edward Dunagin edunagin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 16:43:34 UTC 2007

On 9/1/07, Jeff Campbell <jeff.campbell at jax.org> wrote:

>  I was lucky enough to download it while the iso in the UK was still
> available. I installed it but for some reason the 19 inch monitor I have is
> not using full screen with this release. It's more like 2/3 of the complete
> screen. I have no idea where to look to maybe correct this. Prior to this I
> was using the alpha2 version of mythbuntu and it didn't do this. Anyone have
> any ideas? By the way I like the console feature and though I can't for some
> reason get the system to add the ubuntu desktop, this is a great release
> for sure! Does anyone have any ideas on this screen issue? thanks, Jeff
>
>  Dave Walker wrote:
>  On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 14:31 -0600, Edward Dunagin wrote:
>

>  On 9/1/07, Edward Dunagin <edunagin at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>  Hi Dave,
>
> On 8/31/07, Dave Walker <DaveWalker at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>

>  On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 17:55 -0600, Edward Dunagin wrote:
>

>  I am about to install this application. Has anyone had any experiance?
>
> Thanks............ed
>

>  Hold off.. New release on it's way.. :D
>
>  D/Ling Alpha 4 after this goes out.
>
>  Problems with the download. Torrent is the only choice and all it
> shows me is: 264189 2007-09-01 14:08 Alpha 4 i386 Torrent.torrent
>
> Justs hangs there with nothing else happening. Any ideas out there?
>
>  Hi Edward,
>
> Demand for the ISO was huge, and the 'Direct Mirror' transferred >36Gb
> in just a few hours. For this reason, we had to remove the direct
> download and only offer a Torrent. There are some very fast seeders
> (uploaders), including one which is based in the same datacentre as the
> 'Direct Download'. Hopefully, over the weekend - we should be able to
> resume some regional direct download mirrors.
>
> You should be able to open the .torrent file in your favourite
> bit-torrent client - If using ubuntu, just double clicking the file.
>
> If you are unable to get this working, I can provide a direct link
> off-list - feel free to email me.

Hello again Dave, and all readers,

Well I finally got Torrent to work for me. Did I mention I am running
UbuntuStudio? I though I had all the necessary torrent files, but I
apt-get'ed everything I could find and  then ran this:

/usr/bin/btlaunchmany.bittorrent /usr/local/src/

That got all of the 432330752 and put everything into a different
directory. Then it continued to run ticking off speed but no
additional bites. I had to kill it with a CTL-c. I guess I will need
to read up on Torrent.

Thanks for your offer and suggestions.

--
Edward Dunagin-Dunigan-Dunnigan