[mythtv-users] I don't want to use the frontend program (I don't think?)

Mark Levitt melevittfl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 05:02:20 UTC 2007

On 2 Sep 2007, at 05:47, Nick Gray wrote:

> All,
>
> I want to record programs on my workstation and watch them using just
> vlc or mplayer. Is there a way to keep the front end from taking
> over my
> entire screen when I start it up or a good way of using just a
> player in
> sync with the backend

MythTV's backend handles the actual recording so simply don't start
the frontend at all.

You can simply use Mythweb to handle scheduling and deleting shows
and mplayer to watch them. Just open the files that mythtv creates?

There is a Perl script named mythrename.pl that can create friendly
names for the shows to make them easier to find. I think Mythweb can
also be set up to launch mplayer when you click on a show, but I
haven't gotten that to work.