[mythtv-users] MythTV and HD question

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Sep 2 04:45:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 17:04 -0500, John Nissley wrote:

> I know you can get a few over the air channels but is that really worth it?

Obviously, that depends on what you watch. I like to watch football
games, and that's where HD really makes a difference, and most of the
football games are available in HD via my HDHomerun.

If you never watch broadcast TV, then if your cable company encrypts
everything else, you can't do HD without one of their boxes. I have one
and it sucks. It's not any more reliable than my MythTV system is. But I
have it because there are some channels I can't get in HD any other way
(Mojo carries Colorado Rockies games and Colorado Avalanche games in HD)

--Greg