[mythtv-users] SD-Mythfilldatabase problem

Vince A. Busam vince at busam.com
Sun Sep 2 03:23:58 UTC 2007

>Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 19:49:02 -0400
>From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] SD-Mythfilldatabase problem
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Message-ID: <46D9FA6E.5050706 at thirdcontact.com>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>On 09/01/2007 07:28 PM, Vince Busam wrote:
>> mythfilldatabase runs but reports errors.  It does not update my program
>> guide.  FC6, 0.20.2-164 from ATRPMS, just upgraded myth yesterday
>> afternoon.
>> When I setup my account with SD, I needed to use my email address so it
>> has a different userid and password than I had been using with Zap2It.
>> Could this be the problem?
>No.  That's why you entered your new userid/password when you changed
>the grabber to the SD grabber.
>> I followed the instructions at
>> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.3 but I still have
>> only 12 days of data event even though Information Center / System
>> Status / Listing Status on mythfrontend shows a successful
>> mythfilldatabase just occured.
>> Mythfilldatabase output shows HTTP errors and a dd_state error.
>> Any suggestions?  Thanks, Vince
>> Here is my output from mythfilldatabase:
>> 2007-09-01 15:23:05.873 Grabbing listing data
>> --15:23:05--
>> Resolving webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com...
>> Connecting to webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com|
>>|:80... connected.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
>> Reusing existing connection to
>> webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com:80.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
>> 15:23:06 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.
>> 2007-09-01 15:23:06.427 Grab complete.  Actual data from  to  (UTC)
>The 401 is normal.  The 500 means an error on the server side.  This
>could be due to the onslaught of users switching their systems at the
>last minute or may be due to an invalid configuration.
>You did tell mythtv-setup to get the lineups and select the appropriate
>lineup after you changed the grabber in the video source, right?

Thanks for the prompt response.  In mythtv-setup (both with and w/o back end
running), I choose video sources, antenna (my only source), changed grabber
to SD, changed my userid and password, selected Retrieve Lineups.  Direct
Data Lineup box is now empty.  Input Connections is as before.  Channel
Editor still has my 10 channels, as before upgrade.

The Direct Data Lineup box being empty seemed strange.  When I look at My
Account on the SD site, it shows Zap2It icon under the Subscribed Lineups,
although I don't recall ever adding this as a new lineup.  So I went to add
a new lineup, and that has solved the problem.  To the right of the Zap2It
icon I now see information about my lineup.

Ran mythfilldatabase again.  I now have data for 14 days.  Thanks for
pointing me in the right direction.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list