[mythtv-users] New Grabber Installation - Help!

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 20:59:46 UTC 2007

On 9/1/07, Rod Roark <rod at sunsetsystems.com> wrote:
> I've written a new XMLTV grabber that scrapes information from
> directv.com.  It validates properly according to the XMLTV validation
> tool.
> Now my problem is installing it into my existing MythTV installation,
> KnoppMyth R5F1.  Can someone tell me what the correct procedure is
> for doing this?  I tried renaming my grabber to /usr/bin/tv_grab_cz
> since MythTV seems to know about that one, but with limited success.
> I've really been groping in the dark with my installation and testing.
> What I've been doing is removing my video source, creating it again
> (named DirecTV) with tv_grab_cz as the grabber, creating the input
> connection, restarting the backend, copying my grabber configuration
> file to /home/mythtv/.mythtv/DirecTV.xmltv, and running
> mythfilldatabase.
> Anyway, the main issue is I can't get mythfilldatabase to recognize my
> channel numbers.  Supposedly these are passed via the <display-name>
> tags, but I'm at a loss to understand what the rules are.
> tv_grab_na_dd was generating channel information like this:
>   <channel id="I10021.labs.zap2it.com">
>     <display-name>254 AMC</display-name>
>     <display-name>254 AMC DITV862:-</display-name>
>     <display-name>254</display-name>
>     <display-name>AMC</display-name>
>     <display-name>AMC</display-name>
>     <display-name>Satellite</display-name>
>   </channel>
> which I tried duplicating, but no luck.  No matter what I do, the
> channel ID string ends up in the "channel" table where the channel
> number should be.
> What do I need to do?
> Rod
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

I wrote my one tv_grab_tivo grabber that takes a file from my tivo
and gererates a xmltv compatible .xml file. I use:
        <channel id="USA">
                <display-name lang="en">USA</display-name>
for my channel info in my .xml file.

I use
mythfilldatabase --file <options>
to load up my xml listing.

I used the MythWEB channel editor page to assign channel numbers
to the data once it was imported into MythTV.

I run a 'doit' script that gets the data from my tivo, generates the
.xml listing
and runs mythfilldatabase to load up MythTV.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list